Spirulina Powder - Organic
Organic Spirulina is a type of blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. It has been
consumed for thousands of years by Mexican (Aztecs, Mayans), African, and Asian peoples. Spirulina is
considered a complete protein because well over half of it consists of amino acids -- the building blocks of
protein. It is also a rich source of other nutrients including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E,
carotenoids, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium, and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid).
Imagine a vegetable with more protein than soy, more Vitamin A than carrots, more iron than beef, profound
source of protective phytochemicals, naturally low in fat, source of the essential fatty acid GLA and is easy
• Spirulina contains more nutrition gram per gram than any other product in the world!
• 3 grams of our organic Spirulina have the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits and
• Spirulina has 300% more calcium than whole milk (good for bones, osteoporosis, growth of children)
• Spirulina has 3900% more Beta Carotene than carrots (good for eyes, strong antioxidant, immunity)
• Spirulina has 375% more protein than tofu (building block for muscle tissue, necessary in diet)
• Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing potential health benefits of Spirulina
Spirulina promotes health in many ways. It powerfully protects from oxidative stress and strongly supports the
immune system and a healthy inflammatory response. Scientific studies suggest it may be especially good for the
brain, heart, immune system and more. Spirulina has been used since ancient times as a source of nutrients and has
been said to possess a variety of medical uses, including antioxidant, antiviral, antineoplastic, weight loss aid,
and lipid-lowering agent.
Spirulina likes to grow in hot and alkaline environments which helps ensure its hygienic status, as no other
organisms can survive to pollute the waters in which this algae thrives. Spirulina is in fact one of the cleanest,
most naturally sterile foods found in nature. Its adaptation to heat also assures that Spirulina retains its
nutritional value when subjected to higher temperatures during processing and shelf storage, unlike many plant
foods that rapidly deteriorate at high temperatures. Spirulina is also unusual among algae because it is a "nuclear
plant" meaning it is on the developmental cusp between plants and animals. It is considered somewhat above plants
because it does not have the hard cellulose membranes characteristic of plant cells, nor does it have a
well-defined nucleus. This allows it to be highly digestible in comparison with other algae such as chlorella.
Suggested Use: 1 tablespoon.
Price: $ 25.00 Packaged in our standard One-Pound Re-sealable Pouch
Top of page