Beet Root Powder - Organic
Organic Beet Root Powder provides a wide range of nutrients, but its most significant
phytochemical is betaine. This plant chemical helps the liver and kidneys recycle the amino acid methionine to
maintain the body's stores of s-adenosyl-methionine, more commonly known as SAM-e. Betaine also helps the
liver process fat. This prevents the accumulation of fatty tissues in the liver (steatosis), especially in
heavy drinkers, and it also helps prevent excessive triglycerides and LDL cholesterol in the blood. Other
antioxidants in beet root prevent the oxidation of LDL into forms that can become plaques. According to the
American Heart Association, beet juice can help lower blood pressure.
Organic Beet Root Powder is a wonderful cleansing and nourishing tonic that builds the blood, particularly
improving the blood quality for menstruating women. It also normalizes the blood's pH balance (reducing acidity)
and purifies the blood by flushing away fatty deposits and improving circulation. Further supporting its role as a
blood purifier, Beet Root has been used to detoxify the liver and spleen and help to treat many liver ailments
including jaundice, cirrhosis and other liver diseases. Some herbalists use it to treat liver problems induced by
Beet roots are rich in potassium, phosphorus, iron, magnesium and calcium as well as vitamin A, B and C.
Some of the beneficial nutrients found in Beet Root:
● Has a diuretic effect
● Blood purifier
● Betaine - plays an important role in the health of the cardiovascular system and reduces heart disease and
● Folic acid B8 (biotin) - assists with the production of insulin.
● Zinc - may help protect against fatty deposits in the liver and boosts the immune system.
● Normalizes the blood's pH balance
● Used to detoxify the liver & spleen
● Helps control high blood pressure (Hypertension)
● Dimethylglycine - (also known as DMG) may be beneficial in protecting against heart disease & stroke.
Suggested Use: One or two teaspoons twice daily. One teaspoon of powder provides the nutrition in one beet.
Use to add flavor, color, and nutrition to any recipe.
Botanical Name: Beta vulgaris
Other Names: Garden Beet, Sugar Beet, Spinach Beet, White Beet, Mangel Wurzel, Sea Beet
Origin: USA or Canada - Certified Organic